Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortalPortal  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Okonomiyaki Recipe

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Nan

Nan

Okonomiyaki Recipe Empty
MessageSujet: Okonomiyaki Recipe   Okonomiyaki Recipe Icon_minitimeLun Aoû 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Normally, we need okonomiyaki flour to make okonomiyaki, but not long ago, I found I website saying that we can use all-purpose-flour instead. I tried the recipe below, but still.. I adapted the amount of ratio between water and flour (so it's not exactly like the recipe.. I made its thickness to be similar to when I ate it at the restaurant =p ).. hum.. but yeah.. I think it's fine still. I know it's better to use okonomiyaki flour, but since I can't find it here in Brighton, England (or if there's one, it'll be expensive), so this may be another way out ^ ^

It's easy and delicious =D Hope you like it ^ ^

Citation :
Hi,I wanted to share mine.I am a Japanese and,I thought that I could help others to make more authentic one. my mom used to use corn kennel,shredded cabbage,shredded carrots,Chikuwa(you can find at Asian store but this is optional),ham, and bit cooked meat ;beef or pork (not ground,not chicken).Other people suggested to buy Okonomiyaki Flour but you do not need it.You can use just All Purpose flour. To make batter,put all vegies and meat and pour flour and add water and make batter and consistency is about not too watery not too thick like pancake batter..I usually eyeball it but you can start from 3table spoon of flour and 2 table spoon water etc.. but you need batter to the amount it can cover veggie and meat.Then,I use vegitable oil and just like you make pancake,you cook it flipping after one side done.Then, splash worcestersauce and cook some seconds and off to your plate.Mix ketchup and worcestersauce;ratio I think 4:6(I eyeball it,but to your taste is fine) and brush this over okonomiyaki and eat.Some people back home in japan drizzle mayo after you take okonomiyaki out to plate and drizzle worcester sauce and sprinkle crushed seaweed on it.You do not need okonomiyaki sauce or tonkatsu sauce.It still tastes good.Until you figure out water and flour ration to make batter is kind of practice but you will learn as you cook. I am sorry I could not provide measurement of batter but next time I make, I try to see how much I am pouring water and flour.

Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Okonomiyaki/Reviews.aspx

Okonomiyaki Recipe Okonomiyaki
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Nico
Admin
Nico

Okonomiyaki Recipe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Okonomiyaki Recipe   Okonomiyaki Recipe Icon_minitimeJeu Aoû 30, 2007 2:12 pm

oishisou Very Happy the recipe isn't very detailed but it's nice Smile i hope i'll can eat okonomiyaki soon Very Happy
https://all-about-japan.forumotion.com
Teamoo

Teamoo

Okonomiyaki Recipe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Okonomiyaki Recipe   Okonomiyaki Recipe Icon_minitimeVen Aoû 31, 2007 2:49 am

Okonomiyaki. very good Food. and easy to make too.
Contenu sponsorisé

Okonomiyaki Recipe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Okonomiyaki Recipe   Okonomiyaki Recipe Icon_minitime

Okonomiyaki Recipe
Page 1 sur 1